Friday, December 11, 2015

Reboot...

OK, so I have failed as a journal keeper again. Time for a reboot. Im going to start sharing my Uber stories here as well as daily life stuff. Here we go.

Last night there was an incident that I didnt Facebook about. I was near Broad Ripple headed towards downtown and waiting for a rider when I noticed a Lexus SUV. I noticed it because it sat at a green light for a good 10 seconds before moving. I started paying attention and within 2 blocks the Lexus had gone into oncoming traffic, swerved back and almost hit a parked car and slowed to around 15mph.

I turned the Uber app off and dialled 911. When they answered I told them I was behind a very drunk driver on College Ave and gave the cross street. The 911 lady asked me for a plate number and I gave it, she gave me the usual caution about not putting myself or others in dnger and I assured her I wouldnt. I continued to follow the SUV for about 10 minutes through the Broad Ripple and Butler/Tarkington areas. I was giving our location every minute or so and she was typing frantically and the SUV was swerving all over the place, speeding up and slowing down, and generally being a drunk driver.

After another few minutes I saw the familiar headlights of a police car behind me a couple of blacks back. I told the operator I had my arm out the window and was waving and the cop car came roaring up behind me and stopped even with me at a stoplight. I pointed to the SUV and the cop get in behind him and started following. For about 3 blocks the dude was all over the place and another cop car showed up. The operator told me we could hang up but to please stay in the area in case the officers needed me to say what I had seen.

They lit him up and I cruised past and I circled the block and stopped about a hundred yards behind them. After a few minutes I saw the driver get pulled out and sat on the curb, he could barely stand. One of the cops noticed me and started walking back towards me, I got out and talked to him, telling him I was the one who dialled 911 and he said they didnt need me, they had the kid on video clearly acting the fool.

I took a chance at this point. I asked the officer in a half joking tone of voice if he thought the kid would get in very much trouble. He said no, daddy would likely buy him out of it, he was a Butler student and the SUV told of a rich family. I said "Well, you move him out of the car cameras and give me one punch and he will at least suffer a little". The officer laughed and I did too but he didnt know I was serious. I would have hit that dude in the face with my entire soul if he had let me. This assmunch could easily have killed someone and he likely will be set free to do it again.

Between this incident and having to drive in Carmel for 90 minutes or so I was pissed off for a good three or four hours. I hate rich and entitled fucktards and I had to deal with them a lot last night. In Carmel I was awestruck by the architecture and grandness of some of the houses, but the people who lived in them were complaining about the house and how they couldnt wait to move to a bigger place. This was a house that looked like a fucking castle, Spanish design with turrets and a slate roof, likely at least 5 bedrooms, a 4 car garage and a huge yard.

This is also when the Carmel police incident I Facebooked about happened. Fuck every one of those people and Fuck Carmel too. I wont go there willingly again. If I get a rider from downtown to Carmel I will get in and out as fast as I can.

I have no time or patience for that level of stupidity...

No comments:

Post a Comment