Friday, May 6, 2016

A good but weird night...

It was a night. Thats about all I can say about it. I got tipped close to $50 total from 4 different people, got a kiss on the cheek, made a crying girl laugh and was called an asshole by a girl who went to jail. In the words of Inigo Montoya: Let me explain. No. There is too much, let me sum up.

The night was fairly normal until about 2am. Then it began. I picked up a very drunk girl and her boyfriend in Broad Ripple, the destination was near Castleton. After about a minute, she said "Just take me to my car, Im good to drive home." I asked if she was sure and said she seemed pretty drunk to me, to which she replied, "Hey, asshole, you dont even know me. Dont fucking judge how drunk I am!" Well, alllll righty then.

I took her to her car and turned around after they got out. I parked while she got into the car and after she passed me I pulled out behind her a hundred yards or so and dialled 911. I told the guy that answered that I was an Uber driver and I was behind a very drunk woman that I had just dropped off at her car who was now driving. He asked where we were and started some cars our way and as I followed her about a quarter mile back I gave him directions of travel and intersections and he updated the cars.

Literally 500 yards before we got to her house, 4 squad cars blow past me and light her up. She pulled over about 100 yards short of her driveway and was surrounded by police cars with their lights on. I hope every one of her neighbors looked out their windows or walked out to see what was going on. This is why we dont drink and drive, children. About half an hour later I got a call from one of the police officers who pulled her over, he took my info and said I might be needed to testify if it goes to court, I told him I would.

Literally the next ride: I pick up a girl from The Sinking Ship in Broad Ripple. She is going to Fishers. Cool. After she got in the back, she couldnt figure out how to shut the door so a guy came over and shut it after he asked her if she needed a ride. She said no, when he asked and was pretty upset, she crawled into the front seat when he went to hug her and he shut the door after I gave him a good stinkeye. We took off and I looked over a minute later to see that she was crying. I gave her a box of kleenex and asked if she was OK, she said the guy had followed her into the bathroom and pulled his dick out, it really upset her. At this point I stopped and she looked at me like I was crazy and she was scared. I asked if she wanted me to turn around and kick his ass. She looked at me in disbelief for a second and I indicated I was completely serious. She said no, and seemed to really cheer up, she started teasing me about kicking his ass and then decided we needed to go to Steak and Shake, where she bought me onion rings and sweet tea. By the time I got her home, she was happy and laughing and kissed me on the cheek right before she got out. I couldnt even talk when she did it, and that amused her further. It felt good to make her feel better.

Next trip: I get a call from an odd little bar in Fishers. It took me a few minutes to find it but I did and a guy and two women came walking out. The guy was Fabulously Gay and told me he was entrusting his two finest bitches to me, I should be careful with them. I agreed and one of the women quickly pointed out that they werent hookers. I said "Yeah, because when I look at him, I think Pimp!" and they cracked up. The ride was fairly normal until the end, the woman up front with me told me I was handsome and that she had something she wanted to give me. I was a little WTF about it, especially when she started crying. She pulled this little angel mounted in lucite out of her massive purse and told me her husband had died 6 days ago, that she had been given this angel by her grandma 6 years ago and that I was very handsome and she wanted me to have it. I dodnt know what to say but it seemed rude to refuse, so I took it. They got out and went into the house and I texted the gay pimp to tell him what happened and ask if I should keep it or would she be wanting it back. He said he didnt know but took my number in case she does.

Next ride: Score! a trip from Fishers to Lawrence, which means pretty near where we live. Thats pretty rare. I got the guy home, then drove by the hospital where a wonderful friend works to see if she was there and could use a hug. She wasnt, so I headed home and I am here now getting ready to go to bed.

Im oddly drained from the emotional shit of the past 3 hours, its weird. But it feels OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment